MOTHER'S DAY (acrostic poems)



Here's what I did with my sixth graders 
on MOTHER'S DAY.
I assigned them to write an acrostic poem with the word MOTHER and make a card.Not to scare them much I told them they were allowed to use  adjectives or words describing their mothers.

(excuse the mistakes,please:)


I loved how colorful the cards were and how much care they put making the cards special for 
the most  special person of their life.




The only problem was that some of them surfed the net and just copied the acrostic poems available there.To avoid that next year I will assign them to use their mother's name when writing the poem.

Here are some other cute examples 

Mom
Only the sweetest person on earth
The only person
Helping me to smile
Even when she is mad
Rana will love her forever!
(by Rana)


Moments that you spend with me,
Oh!Everything that you do for me.
Thank you for your love to me.
I Hope that I can repay you.
Even if I seem to always hurt you.
Read in my heart these words for you...
MOM I LOVE YOU!
(by Elie-Francois)


Music that you sing to me
Oh!She's so beautiful!
The time that you spend with me
Her smile is great.
Everything that you do to me.
Read the stories for me.
(by Caline)


My hero is you,Mom.
Oh!Mom I love you so much.
Thank you for all the work you do for me.
Have to work all day cleaning.
Easy to make you happy.
Really sweet and kind.
(by Maria)

Pin It!

3 comments:

GHAZALA said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you dear for leaving your lovely comment on my blog and millions of thanks for introducing your very useful and informative bog.God bless

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips


Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!














Send Gifts to your Mother in Chennai

safwan kareem said... Best Blogger Tips

good

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...