BACK TO SCHOOL ICEBREAKER (Guess Who I Am!)

I want to share with a BACK TO SCHOOL Icebreaker activity I did with my middle school students on the First Day of School and it was fun and successful.It's a great GET TO KNOW YOU activity and helps the teacher learn about the students' level of English and get to know them. It's called GUESS WHO I AM.





This is how it works 


-start brainstorming words that are used to describe someone's appearance.You can bring a famous character for an example and have the students describe how he/she looks like. 


 -write the key words on the board or distribute the handout with the basic expressions. 


 -distribute the circle papers with GUESS WHO I AM label and ask them to describe them at the back of the paper without writing their name.


 -once they are done,collect the papers and read the writings. Have the students guess who each writing belongs too. 


Download the printable below
BACK TO SCHOOL ICEBREAKER (Guess Who I Am!)

As an extension activity,correct the writings and have the students rewrite their self descriptions on the first page of thier copybooks.

ATTENTION-I have long been thinking of joining Charity's Five Star Blogger Challenge. First I was uncertain and asked her to have a look at my blog and give her opinion.I got a big piece of advice that I appreciate so much and have since been following. I think it's high time to join the challenge and wear the Five Star Blogger badge:)
5-Star Blogger

Pin It!

6 comments:

GHAZALA said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow! Each of your work is amazing! So I present this award to you! http://enhancingcrafts.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-first-award.html

Jodi said... Best Blogger Tips

How fun! Thanks for linking up :)

❀Jodi
Fun In First

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Ι am regulаr reaԁег,
how are you everybody? This post posteԁ at this sitе is in fact pleasаnt.
Take a look at my weblog ; Flights to Skiathos

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Тhis iѕ reаlly interеstіng,
Υou arе a vеrу skillеd bloggеr.
I hаvе jоineԁ уour feed and look fоrwагԁ to seeκing more οf your mаgnificent post.
Αlso, I've shared your site in my social networks!
Here is my homepage : Level 2 Maths

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

You actually make it seem really easy along with your presentation however
I find this topic to be really one thing that I believe I
would never understand. It kind of feels too complex and
very vast for me. I am taking a look forward on your next post, I will attempt to get the hold of it!
Stop by my homepage Find Out More

Aspire to Inspire said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for linking up with my Back-to-School Icebreakers linky! Great ideas!

Kristen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...